Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

lenovo or any other company using notebook APUs in a desktop

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dragonlady24

Dragonlady24

• Members
  • 703 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 AM

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:01 PM

I have a Lenovo desktop computer with a AMD A4 5000 APU which is part of the jaguar APU  series usually used in notebooks. Why would any company for that matter use an APU usually used in  a notebook for a desktop? I undestand the lower power consumption and lower thermal power but its a low rated processor for a desktop.1.5 GHz. not a very good choice for desktop if you ask me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Netghost56

Netghost56

• Members
  • 973 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:37 PM

In a word...Cost.

Did you buy direct or from a reseller?

#3 Dragonlady24

Dragonlady24
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 703 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:43 PM

I bought it from staples. I have heard that they also have better thermal power and will not over heat. 

#4 Netghost56

Netghost56

• Members
  • 973 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:47 PM

Sounds like you bought a basic office use system. They are usually light duty, not for anything more strenuous than word processing or internet browsing.

It's not unheard of to use laptop components in desktops. Some of the new Dells, especially the slimline PCs use 18v power supplies with the same adapters as notebooks. And you can mount a 2.5" hard drive in a desktop since both have SATA connections these days.

#5 Dragonlady24

Dragonlady24
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 703 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:35 PM

its an everyday use computer but it can handle some games such as rohan blood feud.  It works out pretty nice for low level gaming. games that don't use much ram or need high end graphics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users