Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Download Format factory with or without installer?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rui David

Rui David

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:49 AM

I want to download the program Format factory, but on some sites there is the option to download with installer or without installer; can somebody tell me what's it for? What is the best and safest way to do it?

Another thing: I tried to download that program (Format Factory) directly from the product's website but when I hit the "download" button, it gave me the indication that it would take about 30 minutes: is it normal to take so long?

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rui David

Rui David
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:52 PM

Forgot to say that normaly I download a movie with 350 MB in about 27 minutes.

#3 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,049 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 PM

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:47 AM

You have to be careful with installers offered on many sites, way to many add things you do not want or need.  Be careful watching for obscure boxes that must be unchecked to avoid junk!

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users