Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hourly Freezing/Crashing

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Accurian

Accurian

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 AM

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:07 AM

Hello everyone,

It's been four straight days and I haven't managed to cure my computer from this curse. Every 40-60 minutes, my computer will freeze and continue until I hard boot my computer. I've done everything I could.

My attempts to fix the problem are:

• Clean registry
  • Scan for malware/viruses with MalwareBytes, HitmanPro, Norton Antivirus and SUPERAntiSpyware but everything came up clean
  • Checked my RAM with memtest86+
  • Did chkdsk /r and it came out clean
  • Did sfc /scannow and found corrupt files BUT I found out that it was just simply the Sample audio, video and pictures deleted from winsxs @ C:/Windows/winsxs

I even booted into safe mode and it crashed on me, which made me wonder if it's my SSD so I installed Windows 7 on another hard drive I had hooked up which I use for recording videos and Windows 7 worked fine for hours.

I've gotten BSoDs throughout these four days at least 12 times but it always fails to create a dump which means I cannot diagnose the problem with BlueScreenViewer.

During the crashes, I've had Resource Monitor running in the background and how I can tell when my computer is about to freeze is when all of my programs such as Firefox or Google Chrome stop responding and I see the CPU usage, Disk, Network and Memory all drop to nothing but 0%.

I'm wondering if it's my SSD or just simply one of the Windows Updates or Nvidia Drivers that are causing the problem.

I've made a decision that I won't be re-installing Windows 7 because it's a pain to do so but if it's 100% impossible to fix the issue, I guess I'll have no choice but to do so, but that's the very last thing I want to do to get this fixed.

Please help me out, I haven't gotten much sleep since my computer keeps crashing.

Edited by Accurian, 21 January 2014 - 02:12 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Christian_K

Christian_K

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:22 AM

Hi,

I just had a similar problem resolved.Thread is here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/521291/bsod-boot-issues/ it may help as it turned out to be my SSD. What brand is your SSD?

#3 Accurian

Accurian
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:36 AM

Hi,

I just had a similar problem resolved.Thread is here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/521291/bsod-boot-issues/ it may help as it turned out to be my SSD. What brand is your SSD?

It's an M4-CT128M4SSD2.

#4 Christian_K

Christian_K

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:50 AM

That's exactly the same SSD as I have and you are experiencing the same problems as I was. As it was explained to me in my thread, Crucial SSD's start to cause crashes after 5000 hours of use due to a bug and I managed to fix the issue with a firmware update. Anshad Edavana kindly posted the instructions to do this and are in the thread I posted above and should help you out as well.

Edited by Christian_K, 21 January 2014 - 02:51 AM.

#5 Accurian

Accurian
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:00 AM

That's exactly the same SSD as I have and you are experiencing the same problems as I was. As it was explained to me in my thread, Crucial SSD's start to cause crashes after 5000 hours of use due to a bug and I managed to fix the issue with a firmware update. Anshad Edavana kindly posted the instructions to do this and are in the thread I posted above and should help you out as well.

I just went ahead and updated it. I will be posting back results if the crashing continues. 

Edited by Accurian, 21 January 2014 - 03:01 AM.

#6 Accurian

Accurian
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:09 AM

The issue appears to be fixed after 3 hours of use without any freezing or BSoDs.

/Requesting thread lock.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users