Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need driver updates for Win 7

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SummerRayz

SummerRayz

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:08 PM

I've been looking for a free driver manager to search my pc and install drivers that my computer needs.  I ran a Google search and can't seem to find any way of getting drivers except by purchasing a driver manager.  The two I checked out SEEM to be legitimate, but I'm still wary.  I thought Microsoft Updates takes care of updating all drivers, but evidently not.  I looked through your "downloads" tab and found only one (I forget the name), but the description said it removed all remnants of the old drivers; nothing about locating and installing new ones.  I'd sure appreciate advice for a free driver manager.  And would I also install the one tool mentioned above to get rid of old drivers before adding new ones??  I'd sure appreciate your help cause I know NUTHHH-ING about drivers. Thanks much. :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 AM

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:02 PM

The best hardware drivers update path is direct only from the manufacturing support site. While some OEM laptops like HP, Sony and Dell have bundled or available softwares to check for periodic updates in the background for drivers and BIOS as like for Windows is Windows update configured for default or recommended settings, there are no 3rd party softwares available online specifically tied to these computer manufacturers for driver updates other than the former mentioned.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users