Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Safesaver/ShopDRuopp

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dillbobagins

dillbobagins

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 PM

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:13 PM

I'm a Google Chrome user and out of no where the ShopDRuopp extension was randomly installed and I can uninstall it from Chrome extentions tab but only for it to appear there the next time I reboot Chrome. I've read all sorts of removal methods on this and I'm sick of seeing downloadarrow-10x10.png this download that, without any guidance as to what to actually do. Most websites say manually remove it from Control Panel but Safesaver and ShopDRuopp do not appear when I search them. I've had this about 2-4 weeks now and I'm sick of it. My coomputer is slow as f**k!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by hamluis, 20 January 2014 - 06:56 PM.
Moved from MRL to AII - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 AM

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:00 AM

Hello dillbobagins -

Step 1 - Ask if you are not 100% sure of anything I have left here
Note 1 - I do not believe that Google Chrome is currently a decent protecting browser
Note 2 - I will include full directions on how to uninstall Google Chrome browser

If you still have problems, start with running avast! cleanup tool from your desktop to remove their toolbars. Other clean up programs will follow.

You will need to reset your own home page(s) again. Please ask if you wish for help . I set Google.com as one home page, as Google is a Search Engine, not a browser.

You will be re-setting Internet Explorer, as you will have removed Google Chrome.

Personally I find that using Chrome leaves you more open to these browser infections. Please open the 3 bar tool link at top right of Chrome and Delete All Extensions regardless of their names.

In the first 2 pages of Am I Infected you may notice about 10 cases of this type of problem, and ALL are using the Add On Browser: Chrome, not the built in Microsoft browser.

Please follow one of these links, and use your already installed Microsoft Internet Explorer, on your Microsoft based computer.
Uninstall Google Chrome - Chrome Help - Google Help
Manually uninstall Google Chrome in Windows - Chrome Help

Now Delete your version of Chrome (once you can use Internet Explorer) and make sure that it is fully gone.

There is no benifit in the use of Chrome, and many people have downloaded it by accident with other programs, or under false ideas.

OK, enough of my preaching -

Download Security Check by Screen317 from HERE
* Save it to your Desktop.
* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt;

* Please Copy and Paste the contents of that document.
Note: If a security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do so.

Next -

Please download and run RKill by Grinler.

A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear.
This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.

Important: Do not reboot your computer until you complete the next step.

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
+ NOTE : Please close or save all work, as the computer will be Rebooted
+ Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
+ Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
+ Click on the Scan button. (only once)
+ AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
+ After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
+ NOW - Click on the Clean button. (only once)
+ Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
+ Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
+ After Auto rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
+ Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
+ A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.

Next -

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Free (aka MBAM)
* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform Full Scan, then click Scan.

* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
* Post the log back here.

Be sure to reboot the computer if required after you post the log.
The latest version of the program now scans archive files which were previously not scanned.
This can greatly increase the time required to complete a full scan.

Next -

Please Download Dr Webb Cure it from Here
Save the program to your desktop.

Boot the machine into Safe Mode

Click the button that reads I agree to participate in software quality improvemnet program.

cxVKZsX.png

Then hit the Continue button.

Now hit Select Objects for scanning.

WlY7bUh.png

Place a tick next to Scanning objects this will tick all items for scanning.

NyPaZ0k.png

Click the Tool icon on the top right.

Select Automatically Apply actions to threats.

Now go to settings and make sure that the screen looks like this.

CgyYnPy.png

Under actions make sure the settings are the same as below.

M8MQ7UQ.png

Then go to the log tab and drop the slider to minimal.

Hit OK

Next hit start scanning.

This scan can take a while to complete this is normal.

When the scan has completed hit the open report and post the log back here in your next reply.

Thank You -

#3 dillbobagins

dillbobagins
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 PM

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:30 PM

Tried finding Internet Explorer on my laptop to no avail. Must have uninstalled it, if that's possible. I checked Windows Updates and it said IE 8,9 and 10 updates were unsuccessful. I read somewhere that you should check for updates but it took +30mins so I googled around and ended up doing this. 

Try this:

Go to computerarrow-10x10.png manager> Services

Stop Windows Update services
Delete contents of C:\Windows\softwaredistribution
Start Windows Update Service

So I done that, checked for updates (took 5 mins) and installed all updates that were recommended. I then downloaded IE from Microsoft.com and it finished installing but it only left a desktop shortcut for ''IE troubleshooting''. So I downloaded it again and it installed properly this time. It requested a restart. When the laptop turned back on there was no sign of IE anywhere except for the set-up files that I had downloaded from Microsoft.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users