Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Format And Reinstall Windows Xp

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 yooper54

yooper54

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 PM

Posted 09 May 2006 - 02:50 PM

I have windows sap and want to format and reinstall. Can I go into administrator and format the hard drive, thereby wiping out data (I have already saved what I wanted)? Then I want to set up a double boot with sap and win 98 on different segments of hard drive

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 RichieP

RichieP

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 AM

Posted 10 May 2006 - 06:50 AM

What is Windows sap?

es you can format the disk and partition it. To install 98, you need to format that partition as FAT32. Format the other partition as NTFS for Windows 200 or above.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,030 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 10 May 2006 - 10:00 AM

The link below isn't the best but covers the basis.

http://www.cyberwalker.net/faqs/how-tos/reinstall-faq.html

After you have made your partisions install your os first in the first partision, and install the sap in the second. You can have more that two partision if you wish, the alphabetical notation will just keep going.

btw...SAP is a data warehousing program.

Edited by dc3, 10 May 2006 - 10:04 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users