Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 8.1 always account and password problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 shinmarwan

shinmarwan

• Members
  • 137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 AM

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:27 AM

okay here is the problem

i installed a windows 8.1 for my mom laptop and i had to use my Microsoft account to install the windows

i had no idea that i was able to create local account until i installed the windows + installed a lot of applications

when i try to create local account now it remove all data , app and settings  and no way i am gonna begin from the scratch 

Q : is there any way to convert the my account to local account without losing the data and apps ??

Q2 : How can i disable the password need ..... i mean every time the laptop hibernate it request the password and that's become annoying

Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ΣΩ

ΣΩ

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 PM

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:51 AM

A1: You should have created a Microsoft account for your mom, not used yours;

A2: Disable password: Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options\System Settings►click on 'Change settings that are currently unavailable'►click 'Don't require a password'►Save changes. ☺

#3 shinmarwan

shinmarwan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 AM

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:01 AM

A1: You should have created a Microsoft account for your mom, not used yours;

A2: Disable password: Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options\System Settings►click on 'Change settings that are currently unavailable'►click 'Don't require a password'►Save changes. ☺

thanks for answer 2

about Q1  my mom cannot remember passwords and barley can use the PC so i wanted to make things simple for her 

still waiting for answer

Edited by shinmarwan, 20 January 2014 - 10:02 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users