Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to play tracks of a memory stick.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bobbies

bobbies

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:19 AM

I have asked this question before wjth no results. So i will try again. I have a laptop running karaoke, with Windows7. I have Winamp for my music files, and all my karaoke tracks are on an external Hard drive. I have no problem playing my karaoke with Winamp, everything is perfect. My problem is when i try to play a karaoke track from a Memory stick, it won´t play it. If i right click on the CDG file, and it comes up asking what prog do i want to play this file with and i click on Winamp, nothing happens, but if i click on VLC player, then it plays O/K. How can that be.Thanks

Edited by hamluis, 20 January 2014 - 06:11 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Audio/Video Apps - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,498 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:55 AM

If I've got this understood correctly, a CDG (CD+G = CD + Graphics) file originated from Karaoke CD, which utilized the control  sub-channel available on CD to provide the Karaoke graphics. The CDs themselves couldn't be used on computers until CD drives that allowed computer access to the sub-channel data were released. Seems to me that flash devices are known to not provide sub-channel data, so the function would need to be emulated by the player software. Since VLC plays them OK for you, I'd suspect the CDG plugin you're using in Winamp doesn't provide the sub-channel emulation needed for playing from a flash device. If so, maybe a different plugin will?

Edited by Platypus, 20 January 2014 - 09:00 AM.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,673 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 AM

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:11 AM

Not sure if this will help but is the flash drive formatted NTFS? If so, copy the contents to your hard drive if needed and format to FAT32.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users