Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Windows Update - is it working?!"

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Graham Newey

Graham Newey

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:07 AM

Dear All,

I have a small problem with "Windows Update" and have been communicating with "sickntired" and "L1NGUS" over on the "Windows Vista" forum under the heading "Windows Update- is it working ?!"

We've established that "updates" are still being supplied/downloaded OK but the "View Update History" page is empty (apart from this month's update).

As you will see, "sickntired" and "L1NGUS" suggested that malware may be present. You will also see that I've run "Malwarebytes" a couple of times and found umpteen "PUP.Optional.Conduit" items which have been quarantined.

So, have you any provisional thoughts on my problem and can you help at all ? If so, what other information do you need ?

Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

NB:I also have one or two other "minor irritation" on my computer----- "Snipping Tool" won't work, "sfc/ scannow" won't work fully, can't establish whether "CHKDSK" works or not, in "Windows Security" Centre", "Automatic Updating" is invariably "Off" and I have to turn it on manually, AND, I've just typed all of this into "Notepad" and tried to copy and paste it here and failed (!)--- so had to type it again!

Regards,

Graham 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users