Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows updater

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bobbies

bobbies

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 PM

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:59 AM

I went to Windows updater, to do an update on anything that needed to be updated, but when i click on update, i get a message saying.

Service is not running, and that i should restart my laptop, which i did but still no luck. I have run Malwarebytes just in case but all i got were some Pup files which i deleted. thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dls62

dls62

• Members
  • 623 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:12 AM

Click on Start and type services in the search box.  Click on Services.

Locate the Windows Update service and ensure that it is running (if not click on Start) and that the Startup Type is set to Automatic (Delayed Start).

Locate the Background Intelligent Transfer Service and ensure that it is running.  Its Startup Type should be set to Manual.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users