Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I'm at my wit's end, please help?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 BlacktheSnivy

BlacktheSnivy

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 AM

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:23 PM

I'm currently having a big old problem with my computer, it crashes for no reason. Usually throwing a PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA error. The problem is, the paged/non-paged memory problem. It seems to be another problem, the point is I can't find the problem, which I thought was my processor overheating, but that wasn't the problem either, as I have applied new thermal paste onto the heat sink and the problem still persists me. If you would like me to use any programs to help pinpoint the problem, please link them into your replies.

Edit: Upon looking more into the problem, I might have to specify what is going on. I get the BSOD often, usually when my computer has run a very intensive program. Maybe the problem is heat distribution again, buut I wouldn't like to open my computer again. Speccy screenshot looks like this: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/resKFikQ8ILcknWgYNAnLah

Edited by BlacktheSnivy, 20 January 2014 - 01:06 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 AM

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:10 AM

STOP 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA description causes : Defective hardware (particularly memory - but not just RAM), Faulty system service, Antivirus,  Device driver, NTFS corruption, BIOS.

How To Run Memtest Tutorial

Try downloading Speccy and then install the program.  To post and publish a snapshot of your PC.
. In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot
. Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard
. On your next reply, right-click on a empty space and click Paste on reply box then click Post.

Download MiniToolBox and run the program. Select
List Last 10 Event Viewers, List Installed Programs and List Users, Partitions and Memory Size then click Go.
A notepad will open then copy-paste the report on your next reply.

Tekken

#3 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:17 AM

Download "Who Crashed" from majorgeeks.com and post the results that it gives.

#4 BlacktheSnivy

BlacktheSnivy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:46 AM

STOP 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA description causes : Defective hardware (particularly memory - but not just RAM), Faulty system service, Antivirus,  Device driver, NTFS corruption, BIOS.

How To Run Memtest Tutorial

Try downloading Speccy and then install the program.  To post and publish a snapshot of your PC.
. In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot
. Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard
. On your next reply, right-click on a empty space and click Paste on reply box then click Post.

Download MiniToolBox and run the program. Select
List Last 10 Event Viewers, List Installed Programs and List Users, Partitions and Memory Size then click Go.
A notepad will open then copy-paste the report on your next reply.

I already posted a Speccy link in my original post, but I'll move it here for you also: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/resKFikQ8ILcknWgYNAnLah

MiniToolBox spat this out: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cxc708tadze36yd/Result.txt

As for WhoCrashed; it says this:

crash dump file: C:\windows\Minidump\100713-26582-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: fltmgr.sys (fltmgr+0x13A00)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xFFFFFFFFFFF5B40F, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF80002ABE00E)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\windows\system32\drivers\fltmgr.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Microsoft Filesystem Filter Manager
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

EDIT: Also, I just noticed that it was spitting out IQRL errors, not PAGE_FAULT. That must mean I've fixed something else! :D

Edited by BlacktheSnivy, 20 January 2014 - 01:47 AM.

#5 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:28 AM

See http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/blue-screen-error-fltmgrsys-hardware-and-drive/f70b7b83-0757-487c-a458-6eb070c156d4  This explains what fltmgr is http://www.file.net/process/fltmgr.sys.html

Edited by Greg62702, 20 January 2014 - 02:31 AM.

#6 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:12 AM

Follow the memtest tutorial link and let it run for atleast 7 passes. Most likely using one stick at a time would determine if one RAM module is faulty or not.

Please go to C:\Windows\Minidump folder. Do you see any dmp logs from the folder?  If yes, then read the instruction of the second paragraph below.If not, configure small memory dump debugging information under startup and recovery.

> Right-click My Computer and choose Properties.
> Go to Advanced System Settings - Advance Tab.
> Under Startup and Recovery, click Settings...
> Look for 'write debugging information' and use small memory dump
> Checkmark overwrite any existing file

If there are latest created minidumps under C:\Windows\Minidump folder, please post the latest dmp logs (atleast 5) by :
Note : If dmp logs from minidump folder is not allowed due to security or admin permission problem, disable UAC control temporarily
or see this link.
> Highlight (holding ctrl key) and choosing the latest dmp logs by hitting enter or left mouse click.
> Right-click and choose send to desktop.
> When on desktop, highlight all dmp logs and right-click and send to compressed zipped folder.
> Upload and share the link by registering here https://www.box.com/
* minidumps log sample 010613 - 16676 -01.dmp -> 01 is for month - 06 for day - 13 is for year.
* If you use any 3rd party software such as Ccleaner, please uncheck the minidumps box so as not to remove the dump files next time.

Tekken

#7 Smiggo

Smiggo

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:46 AM

Have you changed any hardware recently or did this just start happening?

#8 BlacktheSnivy

BlacktheSnivy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:29 AM

Follow the memtest tutorial link and let it run for atleast 7 passes. Most likely using one stick at a time would determine if one RAM module is faulty or not.

Please go to C:\Windows\Minidump folder. Do you see any dmp logs from the folder?  If yes, then read the instruction of the second paragraph below.If not, configure small memory dump debugging information under startup and recovery.

> Right-click My Computer and choose Properties.
> Go to Advanced System Settings - Advance Tab.
> Under Startup and Recovery, click Settings...
> Look for 'write debugging information' and use small memory dump
> Checkmark overwrite any existing file

If there are latest created minidumps under C:\Windows\Minidump folder, please post the latest dmp logs (atleast 5) by :
Note : If dmp logs from minidump folder is not allowed due to security or admin permission problem, disable UAC control temporarily
or see this link.
> Highlight (holding ctrl key) and choosing the latest dmp logs by hitting enter or left mouse click.
> Right-click and choose send to desktop.
> When on desktop, highlight all dmp logs and right-click and send to compressed zipped folder.
> Upload and share the link by registering here https://www.box.com/
* minidumps log sample 010613 - 16676 -01.dmp -> 01 is for month - 06 for day - 13 is for year.
* If you use any 3rd party software such as Ccleaner, please uncheck the minidumps box so as not to remove the dump files next time.

Here is a link to the dumped zip: https://app.box.com/s/zz8o001f8eawhz21l8hv

Also, memtest ran successfully and said there were no errors found.

I'm sorry, I forgot to tell you guys there were two crash dumps displayed, both of which were caused by two different drivers/programs. One was fltmgr.sys and the other was ntkrnlmp.exe.

EDIT: Also, I ran sfc /scannow and it finished successfully, but it said in CBS.log that it could not repair a dll file called streamci.dll. The wierd thing about this is that my audio works fine, no problems at all. Should I try to update my audio driver?

Edited by BlacktheSnivy, 20 January 2014 - 02:52 PM.

#9 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:03 PM

I get the BSOD often, usually when my computer has run a very intensive program

The particular laptop is at a minimum hardware specifications on internal graphics and processor so IMO it is not guaranteed to run smoothly on 3D rendering softwares as it is taxing heavily system resources. There are unstable sectors found on your SMART speccy report.

C5 Current Pending Sector Count: 100 (100) Data 0000000002

Run Windows error checking tool and checkmark both options. The particular 0X50 BSOD might have been triggered by unstable sectors during read/write access during 3D intensive application. Post the result and or a new speccy report after running checkdisk. I presume that your Autodesk software is a trial version?

Did you happen to have added additional memory stick as they have different brand and capacity? The BSOD uploaded folder contains also only one dmp log and is dated October, 2013 while we need atleast the latest dumps.

Tekken

#10 BlacktheSnivy

BlacktheSnivy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:24 PM

I get the BSOD often, usually when my computer has run a very intensive program

The particular laptop is at a minimum hardware specifications on internal graphics and processor so IMO it is not guaranteed to run smoothly on 3D rendering softwares as it is taxing heavily system resources. There are unstable sectors found on your SMART speccy report.

C5 Current Pending Sector Count: 100 (100) Data 0000000002

Run Windows error checking tool and checkmark both options. The particular 0X50 BSOD might have been triggered by unstable sectors during read/write access during 3D intensive application. Post the result and or a new speccy report after running checkdisk. I presume that your Autodesk software is a trial version?

Did you happen to have added additional memory stick as they have different brand and capacity? The BSOD uploaded folder contains also only one dmp log and is dated October, 2013 while we need atleast the latest dumps.

I have another in Windows' directory, but it seems to be the same one...  I've had about 7-10 crashes since then... Also, no I have not added a new memory stick, both came with the computer. I thought they were the same brand and capacity. I can't find any of the crash dumps anywhere... So I must have accidentally changed the crash dump settings.

#11 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:55 PM

We need to reproduce the BSOD (see post#6) in order to fiddle more with the crashes. See also Windows error checking tool in post #9.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users