Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cant access internet

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 zxcvasdf

zxcvasdf

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:48 PM

I think i have a virus on the system because i keep on getting bad image errors. I need help asap.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 PM

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:18 PM

=> i keep on getting bad image errors <=

Hello zxcvasdf
Is this the only message you get, or are there other problems ??

Can you access the internet with Safe Mode with Networking ??

How to start Windows in Safe Mode

If you can, please download Security Check by Screen317 from HERE
* Save it to your Desktop.
* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
Note: If a security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do so.

Thank You -

#3 zxcvasdf

zxcvasdf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:04 PM

Thank you for reply. I tried safe mode and no luck with internet. I think i messed up registry. I did a windows restore and no luck. Same problem.

Can i download file and transport via USB to effected pc? I currently have no internet access, using mobile to send this

Edited by zxcvasdf, 21 January 2014 - 08:40 PM.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:37 PM

It will be very hard for me to start the computer and fix the problem, so we will send you directly to the Experts forum area -

Please have 2 clean Flash drives to use for use there -

Try and do this with USB Flash drives -

Follow the instructions in the Preparation Guide starting at Step #6.

• When you have done that, start a new topic and post the required logs to  Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team Experts.
  • If you are unable to complete any step, just post the topic and leave a full description of your problems

• Please Use Copy / Paste for your responses, and Do Not Attach them unless your helper requests this.

• If Help Bot responds to your topic, please follw his Step #1 so the team will be notified.

• After doing this, please reply back in this thread with a link to the new topic so we can close this one to stop others posting over it

Thank You -

#5 zxcvasdf

zxcvasdf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:10 AM

I followed your imstructions by dowmloading DDS... when I run the program, it halts in the middle of scan :( what should I do now?

#6 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:00 AM

Please read .........  Thank You -

Follow the instructions in the Preparation Guide starting at Step #6.

• When you have done that, start a new topic and post the required logs to  Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team Experts.
  • If you are unable to complete any step, just post the topic and leave a full description of your problems

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 AM

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:55 PM

If you cannot get DDS to work, please try this instead.

Please download RSIT by random/random from the link provided for your operating system and save it to your desktop.This tool needs to run while the computer is connected to the Internet. If you get a warning from your firewall or other security programs regarding RSIT attempting to contact the Internet, please allow the connection.
  • Close all applications and windows so that you have nothing open and are at your Desktop.
  • Double-click on RSIT.exe to start the program.
    Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • Read the disclaimer and click Continue.
  • When the scan is complete, a text file named log.txt will automatically open in Notepad.
  • Another text file named info.txt will open minimized.
  • Save the log files to your desktop and copy/paste the contents of log.txt by highlighting everything and pressing Ctrl+C.
  • After highlighting, right-click, choose Copy and then paste the contents into a new topic in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here.
  • Copies of both log files are automatically saved in the C:\RSIT folder which the tool creates during the scan.
Important: Be sure to mention that you tried to follow the Prep Guide but were unable to get DDS to run. If RSIT did not work, then reply back here.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#8 zxcvasdf

zxcvasdf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:05 PM

I have already said i cant connect to internet. It would tell me i have available wireless but nothing happens when connected. If you are wondering how im on the internet now its because im on my phone.

Edited by zxcvasdf, 25 January 2014 - 04:13 PM.

#9 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,474 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:16 PM

Sorry...I left off the bottom part of my instructions when I copied and pasted them into the Board Editor.

If you cannot use the Internet or download any required programs to the infected machine, try downloading them from another computer (family member, friend, library, etc) with an Internet connection. Save to a USB (flash, pen, thumb, jump) drive or CD/DVD, transfer to the infected machine, then install and run the program(s). Once you create the required log, save it to the USB drive, transfer back to the Internet working computer and post it in the proper forum as directed.

#10 zxcvasdf

zxcvasdf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:21 PM

So far i know DDS halts during scan. I run AdwCleaner and JRT. For JRT i get the error 0x8007050A under checking modules saying "unable to find specified registry key or value"

Edited by zxcvasdf, 25 January 2014 - 04:23 PM.

#11 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,474 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:23 PM

One more note...If you don't have a CD/DVD drive or it doesn't work, I recommend using a "write protected" USB drive with a locking switch on the side or on the back. This write enabled/write block feature can be used to protect anything on the USB drive from being altered or deleted by the malware. If you cannot find a write protected flash drive, then use a SD card with a SD-to-USB adapter.

#12 zxcvasdf

zxcvasdf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:28 PM

Okay ill look into SD to USB since my CD-DVD doesnt work.

Im running the JRT now and it seems to be halted at Checking Registry.

Edited by zxcvasdf, 25 January 2014 - 04:30 PM.

#13 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,474 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:37 PM

I know doing that is a pain but without looking at various logs and getting tools to work...it's going to be more difficult to assist you.

#14 zxcvasdf

zxcvasdf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:41 PM

I understand but i cant produce logs if the programs fail to run. It keep halting. Could you give me a list of software to download? I dont have access to a desktop right now but will download everything when i do. I run malwarebytes 2 days ago and it came clean. Kaspersky tdsskiller also came clean

Edited by zxcvasdf, 25 January 2014 - 04:44 PM.

#15 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,474 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:48 PM

Disinfection will probably require the use of more powerful tools than we recommend in this forum. Many of the tools we use in this forum are not capable of detecting (repairing/removing) all malware variants so more advanced tools are needed to investigate. This is only done in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum.

Right now we need you to download RSIT and see if you can run it and create a log. You may also need to try running in safe mode.

You can also download OTL at the same time. If RSIT will not run either, I will provide instructions for using OTL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users