Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

unable to boot windows partition -how do I convert raw to ntfs withoutlosing da

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 greatdeals_007

greatdeals_007

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:09 PM

I am unable to boot from my windows partition. after spending hours I finally figured out it must have something to do with the partition.

windows bootmanager and system recovery window show 0 MB for this partition. diskpark and list volume is showing this drive is formatted as RAW not NTFS.

Can someone help me figure out how to convert RAW to NTF without losing my data. tried using easus and mini partition manager. might try ubuntu

can you help me figure out how to convert easily so I can get my system up and not lose any data?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,607 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 PM

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:39 AM

There is no way to convert RAW to NTFS without losing data.  You need to recover your data and save it to a removable form of media, like a flash drive, CD or DVD, external hdd, etc.  To do this I would suggest using Recuva.  You can find a good tutorial for using Recuva here.

Once you have recovered your data you can format the partition and set the file system to NTFS and then reinstall your data.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,882 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:23 AM

Also worth reading:  What is RAW file system - http://www.raw-file-system.com/ .

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users