Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Just a Hello and thanks for this site!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 GBluehare

GBluehare

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:40 PM

I accidently got a heaping helping of Adpeak, PC Optimizer Pro, Scorpion Saver on my pc. Stayed off the www for four years as I had no need to use it. Lately, just wanted a few new games to play and...bammo! Thought websites were trusted because I used to go on them and had no problems with downloading games in my old Windows 98 pc. The world wide web doth change in such short time. Now it's a really scary place to go! Now I'm sorry I had the need to play some new Mahjongg! Can someone direct me to which forum(s) to use on how to send bleeping computer's website my pc's data log for a diagnosis? I am somewhat computer literate and good with following instructions and would like to know what I'm looking for to clean up my system. I have already uninstalled some of the worrisome software, but am still having trouble with slow startup because of a missing dll in the local container package.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HashX

HashX

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 AM

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:47 PM

Welcome aboard!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

Yes, the internet does change over time and sites that were "safe" 4 years ago might be ladled with malware!

Please go to the "Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Removal Logs" section of the forums. (Link above)

Please read the guidelines before creating a topic.

I don't always use Internet Explorer, but when I do, it's to download a different browser.

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:55 PM

If you choose to post in Malware Removal Logs forum, follow the PREP GUIDE HERE  and post the requested logs.

There is another option, Am I Infected? What do I do? This can be used as a starting point and if more advanced tools are needed you will be directed to Malware Removal Logs.

If you choose to post first in Am I Infected, where you can receive help faster than in MRL, simply post details of your issues and someone will tell you what tools to run.

Please be aware that the tools mentioned in the MRL prep guide are NOT allowed in Am I Infected.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users