Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to share my wireless printer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 aliboy66

aliboy66

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:11 AM

Hi I have a wireless printer all in one  Kodak 3.1 hero,it works fine with the laptop now I have 2 laptop I want to connect my new laptop to the printer.My new printer can not find the printer so not sure what to do my new laptop has windows 8.i would this make a deference 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,231 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 AM

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:40 PM

Run the printer software on the new LT, I had to do that on the tower I just set up and running.

Phil

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,098 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 PM

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:41 PM

My first port of call would be Kodak's support pages to make sure I had the correct drivers for Win 8, the ones that came with your printer may work, or may not., Then, as Old Phil says, run the printer install software on your new Win 8 laptop.

Next, if you take your cursor up to the top right corner of the screen, the 'charms' will appear. Click on the bottom wheel shaped one - 'Settings' - and select control panel and then 'Devices and Printers'. From here, select 'Add printer' - I think there is a second option after this to look for a wireless printer - and it should find your Kodak and connect.

You do need to make sure that the wi-fi on the laptop and the wi-fi capability on the printer are switched on !

Chris Cosgrove

#4 aliboy66

aliboy66
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:55 PM

Hi thanks a lot you have you jolted my memory searched everywhere for the CD found it today  and its fine thank you :thumbsup2:

Edited by aliboy66, 20 January 2014 - 03:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users