Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MAMB ann Superantispyware

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Cluless

Cluless

• Members
  • 143 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 PM

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:11 AM

Hi Guys

Don't post very often but thought I'd report my latest run in with malware.

The Mrs clicked on something she shouldn't have and downloaded some rogue programs. I ran MAMB and picked up a load of spyware.

I didn't have SAS installed but downloaded it. SAS has an unwanted program search that immediately picked up 3 rogue programs.

Deleted all  and computer now back to normal.

Point is needed 2 good antispyware programs to sort things out. To be fair can't thank them enough.

regards

Cluey

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 PM

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:54 AM

The default action for Malwarebytes' PUP detections is "Show in results list and do not check for removal."
- If you want Malwarebytes to remove them, make sure the settings are set to "Show in results list and check for removal."
- If you don't want Malwarebytes to remove them, set the settings back to default.

PUP-boxes.png

To check or change PUP settings launch Malwarebytes, click the 'Settings' tab and then click the 'Scanner Settings' tab. You will find the Action options at the bottom with a drop down box to the right which allows you to select the action you want Malwarebytes to take.

SUPERAntiSpyware Free does not provide real-time protection, auto-Scanning, auto-updates or scheduled scanning so there is no need for it to run at startup, waste system resources and possibly cause conflicts with other security software. However, when installing SUPERAntiSpyware it installs to run at each start-up automatically. I recommend to disable its' startup and use it as a separate stand-alone on-demand scanner. If you right-click on the tray icon, select System Tools & Program Settings to open Control Panel and click Preferences...there is an option to uncheck "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" under the General and Startup tab.

Alternatively, launch SUPERAntiSpyware to open the Main Menu, click System Tools & Program Settings and selected Preferences under SUPERAntiSpyware Control Panel...then uncheck "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" under the General and Startup tab.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users