Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD and some other issues.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bory504

bory504

• Members
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:23 PM

So I just upgraded my brothers computer. I put in a XFX AMD based board and CPU with a heat sink from a FX-8350. Attached is a speccy scan of the hardware it has now. I did not reinstall Windows because when I booted up the computer after the hardware upgrade it downloaded the latest drivers and his games were working fine. After a couple weeks, all of a sudden we are getting a BSOD when playing games like League of Legends that goes off to quick for me to read what the error was. Sometimes the screen just turns black and the computer does nothing. This is what the main error is in event viewer. Not sure if its related to the black screen issue though.

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b (0x00000000c0000005, 0xfffff9600018d7b6, 0xfffff8800274af90, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 011614-14757-01.

I tried updating the drivers again for the graphics card, I tried running many virus scans with many different programs, went through programs list to see if it was any rogue security products which there was none. Also, when we turn the computer back on from the BSOD, it gives me a message on the splash screen saying "DQS training failed on previous boot, Revert to slower DRAM speed". So I reset the bios settings to defaults and that didn't stop the BSOD. I have a feeling I will just have to reformat his computer, any advice is most appreciated. Thanks!

Attached Files

Sincerely, Blake.

7 year Computer Hardware + Software Technician.

Operations Technician at a retail company.

Rhythm guitarist for the band Headspill.

:guitar: 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DADDYOFLA

DADDYOFLA

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 PM

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:28 AM

Looks like you got a Trojen, no matter what your program sais, get HitMan Pro, and try b 4 u buy it.. awesome program, or PC. MRI .

I have both,but Hit Man Pro. is stronger.

Dave

Edited by DADDYOFLA, 19 January 2014 - 12:29 AM.

#3 bory504

bory504
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:22 AM

Looks like you got a Trojen, no matter what your program sais, get HitMan Pro, and try b 4 u buy it.. awesome program, or PC. MRI .

I have both,but Hit Man Pro. is stronger.

Dave

Well since it was giving me the "DQS training failed on previous boot, Revert to slower DRAM speed" error when I restarted the computer, I took out 2 extra RAM sticks I had put in and it hasn't shut off yet. So we are testing that out. Thanks for the reply.

Sincerely, Blake.

7 year Computer Hardware + Software Technician.

Operations Technician at a retail company.

Rhythm guitarist for the band Headspill.

:guitar: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users