Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Favorite RTS?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 SubtleNerd

SubtleNerd

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:43 PM

I was thinking about getting back into computer gaming and I really enjoyed RTS games back in the day.  I grew up playing Warcraft 3 a lot.  What are your favorites?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SubtleNerd

SubtleNerd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:01 PM

I played that game a few times back in the day, but I don't remember it all that well.  My top 3 RTS's would have to be Warcraft 3, Starcraft, and All Age of Empires games.  Also, I am not sure if this is considered an RTS (I think it is though), but I loved the original Roller Coaster Tycoon game.  That game seemed way ahead of its time and it was so addicting.

#3 bleebingjunior

bleebingjunior

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 PM

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:29 PM

Roller Coaster Tycoon 2

#4 Wamill

Wamill

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:06 PM

I played that game a few times back in the day, but I don't remember it all that well.  My top 3 RTS's would have to be Warcraft 3, Starcraft, and All Age of Empires games.  Also, I am not sure if this is considered an RTS (I think it is though), but I loved the original Roller Coaster Tycoon game.  That game seemed way ahead of its time and it was so addicting.

According to Wikipedia, Roller Coaster Tycoon is a Construction and management simulation game.

I remember Starcraft and Age of Empires. My friends used to play Starcraft a lot besides Quake.

Damn those games are making me nostalgic. Love playing quake back then using mouse with trackball =/

#5 kosmonaft

kosmonaft

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 PM

Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:37 PM

Man gaming is time consuming :) Invest your time in something else.

http://furg.net/ - Free online games 

#6 ExJan

ExJan

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 AM

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:55 AM

Command & Conquer series is great.

Simcity 2013

Edited by ExJan, 23 May 2014 - 12:57 AM.

#7 Itz Paradox

Itz Paradox

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:38 PM

Rise of nations or age of empires are really good ones

#8 Datcoolguy

Datcoolguy

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 24 May 2014 - 11:57 PM

Warcraft 3 is still there, it hasn't gone anywhere, and if multiplayer is your thing there's always LAN.

Starcraft? Well you got Starcraft 2, you can even try it for free

And the Age of empires games are ageless (pun not intended) There's been an HD remake of Age of Empires 2 and a new version of Age of Mythology came out not too long ago.

There are multiple other RTS out there that might interest you, but that depends on what you like.

"If you don't understand how your computer works, you shouldn't be messing with it!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users