Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi guys I need to know more about random numbers as my name suggests

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 RandomNumberz

RandomNumberz

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:04 PM

I would like to know more about the algorithms used to generate random numbers, for example those within gambling websites more specifically poker sites.

The reason for my interest is due to the fact that I have come to understand that for computers the ability to randomise events is difficult in the most laymen of descriptions.

I have thought about this a lot and had some ideas of my own as to how this might be accomplished and would like to discuss them with some people of understanding and knowledge of the existing codes used and their respective boundaries in terms of being able to create truly random results.

If there is anyone out there with any interest in this subject please post any thoughts you may have as I am really keen to learn more and discuss my thoughts.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users