Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

mozilla defaults bogus e-mail log-in even after cleaning cache

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 wpfast

wpfast

• Members
  • 201 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:43 PM

Hello.

whenever I use Firefox for Amazon site and log-in Firefox prefills Amazon's log-in with bogus e-mail address. 

I've cleaned cache under options, including removal of passwords, but the bogus default log-in just comes back and prefills. 

I can wrtie over it the correct log-in and everything works normally. I just can't remove the bogus pre-filling default.

Any way to be rid of this nuisance?

Thanks!

wpfast

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 PM

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:14 PM

The "saving" mode may well be instigated By Amazon....do they have a 'settings'  or 'preferences' area that you can change options for retaining log in details ?

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 wpfast

wpfast
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 201 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:28 PM

I was on an online chat with rep at Amazon earlier...they didn't mention any settings...just referred me to a different browser. On IE the bogus log-in does not appear, and after we learned this Amazon basically referred me to Firefox for additional tech support. 

However I'll try again and see if someone else at Amazon has a different answer; will report back soon after I check.

Thanks!

#4 wpfast

wpfast
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 201 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:38 AM

Wow. It's gone...the bogus e-mail address. What I did was run AdwCleaner and JRT.exe 

AdwCleaner did not appear to pick up much but perhaps it did; JRT is what I think got it.

Thank you for helping!

wpfast

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users