I am beyond a beginner on computers, but an intermediate or even a low intermediate at best. I was investigating programs or software that load on starts up. I believe things are loaded on startup that are not needed.
1) If I choose to prevent a program from loading on startup, will it load when needed?
2) How will I know when the program is loaded?
3) What action triggers it to be loaded when needed after startup?
I selected the above referenced software (swg - Filename Google Toolbar Notifier.exe) to investigate. I have instructions covering how to disable the Notification option. I don't know if I should do this. The description says I can remove or delete this file, but that is not recommended. It also says I can disable the settings in the Toolbar settings and then remove the autorun entry. It goes on to say if you do not enable/disable that setting again, the autorun entry will not come back.
4) What is the autorun entry?
I don't know how to proceed, and I don't know what software should be disabled at startup.
I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium Operating System and Internet Explorer 11 Version 11.0/9600.16476 on my HP p6720f Desktop PC. I want to use Google as my search engine. It is installed as a toolbar. Two other toolbars labeled Ask appear below the Google toolbar Google.
4) How can I decide if the Ask toolbars should be removed?
Other programs load on startup such as Log-Me-In. I could choose to use it with a computer savvy friend.
5) Will it load when needed, or must I take some action to load it?