Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Some laptop keyboard keys not working .

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ahahahahaha6

ahahahahaha6

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 PM

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:10 PM

While i was playing as usual, my laptop suddenly shut down by itself. After some browsing and a little help from my friend, i realized that there is a dust buildup in my laptop. So  i disassembled my laptop and i did found a pretty  bad dust buildup . After cleaning the dust, i reassembled my laptop and found that the "2","4","5","7","0","~","backspace","i","o","ctrl" keys not working. I thought that I didn't reconnect the keyboard properly so i tried to connect and reconnect multiple times but it didn't work. There were two times where the keyboard worked for a few minutes but then all those keys stopped working again.Another possibility is that i accidentally damaged the ribbon cable that connects to the keyboard. System restore didn't work and there were no virus. So it is most likely because i did something wrong when reassembling my laptop.

My laptop: Acer Aspire V5-471g series .

Any help would be appreciated . And if replacement is a must, where can i find one

Edited by ahahahahaha6, 18 January 2014 - 01:15 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 PM

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:49 PM

I think you have lost some contact in the ribbon, I have had luck a few times applying "light" pressure on the female end with a credit card edge.  Try Ebay gor a replacement if need be!

Phil

Edited by OldPhil, 18 January 2014 - 03:50 PM.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 ahahahahaha6

ahahahahaha6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:18 PM

I think you have lost some contact in the ribbon, I have had luck a few times applying "light" pressure on the female end with a credit card edge.  Try Ebay gor a replacement if need be!

Phil

Thanks, I will try to reconnect it again and see if this time it works.

#4 ahahahahaha6

ahahahahaha6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:15 AM

Okay this is getting worse, while I was playing some games(Dota 2 and tf2) my computer a BSOD suddenly appeared. I didn't had enough time to read the error message because it restarted. Is it possible that my keyboard cause this? Another thing that might cause it is overheating since my temperature monitor wasn't on at that time. Please help. Before my keyboard became broken,  already had 2 screws missing under my laptop but it has never affected my system. My keyboard is still broken. PLEASE HELP

#5 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,165 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:10 AM

Do you or a friend have a wireless key board?  Handy trick I have unplugged the LT key board and used a the wireless to check key issues, it is also nice to check things out before buttoning up.  Their may be be some other ideas from more savvy folks.

Phil

#6 ahahahahaha6

ahahahahaha6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:34 AM

The problem is my wireless keyboard receiver was.....put by my dog in some random place.

#7 ahahahahaha6

ahahahahaha6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:23 AM

The control panel and dxdiag says that my keyboard is fine.

#8 ahahahahaha6

ahahahahaha6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:47 AM

I have checked using a wireless keyboard i borrowed from my friend, it works fine. So it is definitely my keyboard.

#9 ahahahahaha6

ahahahahaha6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:10 AM

Someone please help

#10 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,165 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:24 AM

IMO replace it below a couple of links that should get you started.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Acer+Aspire+V5-471g+key+board&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#q=Acer+Aspire+V5-471g+keyboard&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&spell=1

https://www.google.com/search?q=youtube+Acer+Aspire+V5-471g+key+board&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users