Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Best antivirus for Android?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 7-11

7-11

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:35 AM

I have an Android Jellybean 4.2 device. What tool(s) should I install for maximum security?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,732 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 AM

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:33 PM

Do you sideload or download apps from sites other than google play?

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 7-11

7-11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:06 AM

Do you sideload or download apps from sites other than google play?

I've just got the phone, so I don't really know what I'm going to do with it..

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,732 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 AM

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:14 PM

Until you start venturing away from Google play an antivirus is really not necessary. Be selective and be careful in what you download and you'll be fine. It's when you start getting adventurous that you might consider an anti-virus. There are two distinctly differing opinions, however and I'm sure someone will make the case that malware is just itching to get you. But with Android you actually have to install it. So as long as you are proactive and making sure what is installed you have done the job for the anti-virus.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 Justa

Justa

• Members
  • 222 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:06 PM

Thanks Animal, great info!

What are your thoughts about banking security, comparing and Android with apps only from Google Play Store vs laptop running good malware protection, (Malwarebytes Pro, Norton 360, Spywareblaster, SuperAntiSpyware run frequently on demand?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users