Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mcafee firewall turns off and real time scanning off

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jstech

jstech

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:52 AM

Mcafee. Stalled on installing updates keeps saying installing updates 0%
MTV will not install
Trying to find out why antivirus suddenly not working

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jstech

jstech
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:12 AM

Don't know why but it fixed itself
Running malwarebytes anyway
Figured it couldn't hurt

#3 battyhippie

battyhippie

• Members
  • 430 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:24 AM

I had this problem with my XP. Basically, McAfee became too big for my system to handle and crashed it. Now in my case I knew I did not have any nasties because I had just done all of my scans the day before (and I am a scan nut and had been clean) and the computer crashed trying to update McAfee. 

Now in your case, no one will know what is happening because you have not stated your computer spec's nor operating system.  And do you have McAfee's Security Suite?

If you could be so kind as to state what they are, it will be easier for someone here to help you quicker. Um...and that ain't me cause I am a newbie, I just know what they need in order to help you!                                                                                                                                                             

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users