Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

So everybody comes to Grinler's, huh?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 HandSolo

HandSolo

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:12 AM

If you get the reference ... then you realize I have chosen the wrong handle. 

Still, what a great place! 

About me, then.  I am a veteran slot technician in Las Vegas.  I thought I had a career back around 2005 or so.  Then my job fell through and I have been jumping from ice floe to shrinking ice floe ever since. 

I got my first cert back in the early 90's, a basic MS joint.  I got my A+ back when you only had to get it once, a year or two before they decided to enhance their cash flow.  That soured me on most certs, although I was looking at Cisco before this latest harpoon sprouted in my back. 

That was October of last year.  It now looks as though the only person who will hire me is me.  We're in negotiations.  If we can come to terms, I will be working by myself, ya know.  It is that prospect that decided me on my handle. 

I have some project work behind me.  Like most of us, I have read on and dabbled in technologies way past my job descriptions or the hardware in my rack.  Perhaps I should have moved into IT a whole lot sooner.  Am I too old to learn something new every day?  I cannot afford to be that old. 

Serve wookies here?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users