Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

memory 0x77 at referenced memory cannot be read error in windows 8

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Dragonlady24

Dragonlady24

• Members
  • 703 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 PM

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:58 PM

I have windows 8 on a Lenovo desktop PC with an AMD A4 5000 APU 1.5 GHZ., 4 GB ram. 

I downloaded a game called Rohan Blood feud a month ago and every so often this common error comes up after clicking my character after I log in. memory 0x77 at referenced memory cannot be read. the error itself is hit and miss, sometimes it happens sometimes it doesn't. I have narrowed it down to three possibilities. Game guard the hacking prevention system built into the game is not compatible,not having enough ram to process the game request at the time i try to run the game or There might be an issue with AMD catalyst control system being out of date and is interfering with my game. Is there anything I can do besides uninstalling and re-installing the game? I have done this 3 times and it is only a temporary fix since the error is back after 2 game plays. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dragonlady24

Dragonlady24
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 703 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:14 PM

if it helps i downloaded the game from the Gamepron mirror, which i believe is a mirror in Australia even though it is English.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,362 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:23 PM

Have you tried running this is Compatibility Mode?

You can find instructions for doing this here.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Dragonlady24

Dragonlady24
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 703 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:56 PM

yes I have. I have recently downloaded it from another mirror. It worked fine the first day i downloaded it. I haven't played it for a few days so i will find out if it was the download or not when i play it again today. i found out it also needs to be ran as an admin. I don't know why though.

one other question. Why would i get a white screen for 30 seconds before the character screen instead of an image that would normally show before? not a major issue here just curious.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,362 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:58 PM

You have to be signed in as an administrator to run compatibility mode.

I'm not sure what you mean by the character screen.  What are you doing at that time?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 Dragonlady24

Dragonlady24
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 703 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:50 PM

waiting for the game to load. the character screen is where you pick your character you made and i am the only who uses this computer so i am signed in as admin all the time, the issue was fixed after re-downloading the game, which i did yesterday. 

Edited by Dragonlady24, 21 January 2014 - 08:51 PM.

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,362 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:17 AM

I'm not a gamer, no wonder I was clueless.

Try right clicking on the shortcut and choose Run as administrator.

#8 Dragonlady24

Dragonlady24
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 703 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:03 PM

it is already set up as that. it was fixed after i re-downloaded from another mirror.everything is set as it is supposed to be. The issue is fixed anyways. 

Thank you for your help. i figured it out. now to figure out why see a white screen for 30 seconds after the login screen. It might just be because the haven't put up any new images for that yet.

Edited by Dragonlady24, 22 January 2014 - 02:05 PM.

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,362 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:15 PM

I didn't state that very well.  What I should have posted was that if you have permission issues like this in the future, right click on the shortcut and choose Run as administrator.

Enjoy your games. :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users