Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possible trojan

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LuxCor

LuxCor

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 17 January 2014 - 05:44 PM

Hi!

I read all the instructions before asking for help, and was going to put up the DDS file, but when I try to launch DDS it just says "DDS is not meant to run in 'Compatibility Mode'. The program shall now exit.". What should I do?

Here's what happened with the virus:

Yesterday, I suspected that I got a virus, because I accidentally clicked on a link and it opened some website which immediately started a download. I exited it and scanned the whole computer with my AVG Free antivirus, but it said it's all okay. Then I downloaded Avast and scanned the computer again, and it showed a Win32:Dropper-gen[DRP] virus, so I clicked on "Move to chest". My computer is acting fine, but it was like that even before the infection. Now, I have heard of these viruses not getting removed properly, and since I am no expert, I was wondering if anyone could look into it.

Thank you!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:48 PM

Hi LuxCor and welcome to BC.

Please take note of the following:

1. Please do not run any other tools unless instructed.
2. The cleaning process is not instant. Please continue to review my answers until I tell you that your computer is clean.
3. If there's anything that you don't understand, please ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes.
4. Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.

scanned the whole computer with my AVG Free antivirus, but it said it's all okay. Then I downloaded Avast and scanned the computer again,

Did you remove AVG before installing and running Avast?
It is not recommended to have 2 AV programs installed on your system.

Let's have a look and see what is going on.

Note:
There are both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool available. Please pick the version that matches your operating system's bit type.

If you are unsure what you're system bit type is..... click Here for help.

For x32 bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.

For x64 bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 and save it to your Desktop.
  • Double-click the downloaded icon to run the tool.

frsticon_zpsdc3cbdc3.png
  • When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.

frstdis_zps7f598f12.png
  • Press Scan button.

frst_zps6548371f.png
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please copy and paste it to your reply also.
Please both reports from FRST in your next reply.

Thanks

Edited by Starbuck, 19 January 2014 - 05:49 PM.

BBPP6nz.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users