Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MS Office 2003 update will access registry

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Johnny 5 Alive

Johnny 5 Alive

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:26 PM

I am runnig a home built system running XP PRO 3, I have tried many times to update MS Office 2003 KB2810048 and KB2817474 and each time the update failed. Today I downloaded the updates and ran them manually, the following is the message that I get when it fails;

"Error 1402. Setup cannot open the registry key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Micorsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\MSFS.

Verify that you have sufficient permissions to access the registry or contact Mcrosoft Product Support

Services (PSS) for assistance. For information about how to contact PSS, see D\Program

Files\Office\MSOffice\Office11\1033\PSS10R.CHM."

Anyone know how to remedy this situation?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users