Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

thank you

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 joe the shmoe

joe the shmoe

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:52 PM

I want to thank all of you who give up your time to assist boobs like me who cant figure this stuff out;   Its really very motivating to know that there are people out there that are willing to do this type of work out of the goodness of their hearts..  I'm sure all of u who have had to work thru solutions for our computers know how much time it takes to keep things running like a top.  

Your service is invaluable and I for one appreciate you  as I'm sure other s on this site do as well.

Sincerely, Joe

Edit: Moved topic from General Chat to the more appropriate forum.~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 The Redneck Hippie

The Redneck Hippie

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:10 PM

I agree.  I've only been here a couple days and already people here have saved me hours of time and frustration.  I thanked them on the threads, but I'm glad to have the chance to do it again here. 

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 AM

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:00 PM

It is kind words such as these that motivate all our volunteers to continue assisting. Thank you for choosing Bleeping Computer for your computer assistance needs.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 newbleeping

newbleeping

• Members
  • 434 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:21 AM

Hello joe!

I am so happy to see you have provided another opportunity for all of us to say "thank you" to everyone at BC.......I only started using a computer back in June,if it were not for the folks here at BC(Quietman,Animal,Grinler,HamLuis)and all the others,I would have given up only 2 weeks after I began......I was in a world of trouble with everything from malware to hijackers & was just learning how to navigate the mouse-lol     I am so grateful to all the people that helped me to resolve every single issue that I had .....they did so with so much patience and consideration just because they care about others,they are worth their weight in gold!!!!!

It takes a very special person to dedicate their time and expertise on a voluntary basis........I am so happy to have met these wonderful people and I tell everyone I know about them & what they did for me.......if they were able to help me,there is nothing that they cannot do!!!!BC is the best of the best!!

Edited by newbleeping, 26 January 2014 - 01:40 AM.

BC is the best!!  An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!Greetings & Blessings from the Sunshine State                                                                .Kwik :love4u: ....aka "newbleeping"

#5 zeramato1

zeramato1

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 AM

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:41 AM

Their weight in gold indeed.  Year after year I might add.  Note:  I came here in mid-2004.  That help you describe was as awesome then as it is today, so much so I stuck around for a couple years.  That exact help kept me going on the same pc I had then for 10 years.  An eternity in pc tech terms, all things considered.  I cheerlead now when it comes to online free help  & a community of people who know what its worth to be able to deal with these matters and more

#6 bamq

bamq

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:45 PM

These forums are awesome. While I haven't had to post a problem on here myself, I do look at a lot of these topics of people needing help and it really shows how good you guys are. If I ever need help this is the first place I'm coming.

#7 newbleeping

newbleeping

• Members
  • 434 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:06 PM

Hey Everybody!

Its nice to have a place to say"thank you".......once again,thanks to the wonderful volunteers & members at BC I was able to purchase a refurbished computer with complete confidence in knowing exactly what I was looking for........Since XP will no longer be supported by Windows after April 8th I was able to upgrade to Windows 7 without much effort,within my budget & without any headaches!

I have minimul computer knowledge & I had no trouble hooking everything up myself,I installed proper security & protection and I was up & running in  a few hours without anyone to assist me all because I had you guys to tell me exactly how to go about the entire process before I actually made the switch,,,,,,I am so grateful to BC!!!!!I love y'all!

Best Regards,Kwik(newbleeping)

BC is the best!!  An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!Greetings & Blessings from the Sunshine State                                                                .Kwik :love4u: ....aka "newbleeping"

#8 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,487 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:56 AM

Glad to hear it Kwik! :) Does all of our hearts good to know that we are helping people and teaching them a thing or two along the way, it really motivates us to keep helping. :) Hope you enjoy your new computer!

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#9 newbleeping

newbleeping

• Members
  • 434 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2014 - 09:10 AM

Hi computerxpds,

Thank you so much,I love it,I like Win7 even better than the XP  OS....it seems more user friendly to me.......I can't tell you how proud of myself I am,for me this is a major accomplishment from knowing zilch 8 mos ago..............and I could not have done ANYTHING without you all,everything & anything I do know I learned here at BC................you are all such wonderful people,I am just truly grateful & I appreciate each & every one of you.......

Love you guys(& gals),Kwik

Edited by newbleeping, 22 March 2014 - 09:11 AM.

#10 QQR1

QQR1

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:23 AM

Also like to thank everyone who keeps this space on the Internet ( Board ) . Since members participating , contributing what to know more avançandos members ( who live , breathe it every day ) .

So I thank everyone who comes here and contribute in their free time to help others .

I thank you again to all who believe that information should be used for good ( peace, joy , collective welfare ) and never for evil . Although some people do not believe in good versus evil, I think that knowledge only makes sense if it is used for good of the human community ( the good of all human beings ) .

The knowledge acquired for personal use ( for their own profit ) , in my opinion the only worth anything . So again, I thank all who keep the forum and contribute , teaching others what you know or contribute by helping others solve their problems .

Thank you , thank you and once again , thank you to all the Bleeping Computer !

---------------

Sorry for bad English . I used the google translator

Edited by QQR1, 30 March 2014 - 08:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users