Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell XPS 410 Video Card Replacement Help?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JohnNord

JohnNord

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:17 AM

Hi,I need a replacement for my video card that went out.I don't really know much about computers so any help will be much appreciated.
I am looking for a card that has the DVI and S-video hook ups.If anyone can find a match on Amazon it would really help me out or any other sites also.There is a EVGA GeForce 6200 512 MB on Amazon if someone would let me know if that would work as a replacement?

I don't do any gaming or anything major.It is just used for normal internet searching and youtube videos and maybe some Hulu or Netflix.I don't need any big upgrade,I just want one with an S-video hookup and that will work with my PC.

Thanks for the help

My info is below:

Dell XPS 410 (I got it around the end of 2007)
Windows XP
Home Edition Service pack 3
Intel Core 2 CPU
6320 1.86 GHZ
2.00 GB of RAM
300 GB HD

The Video Card is a
Nvidia GeForce 8300
Memory 512 MB
PCI Expressx1

Edited by hamluis, 01 February 2014 - 02:59 PM.
Moved from System Building to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 17 January 2014 - 05:07 AM

Hi, finding a graphics card that has S-Video is a bit difficult, does your monitor have any other outputs?

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#3 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,178 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 PM

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:43 AM

Yes they are extremely rare now - it seems there are pretty much NO new cards made with the S-video output.  Virtually everything now has HDMI out though.  There's this for example but I don't think it's particularly good value in terms of performance per $.

7sbvuf-6.png

#4 DavKeyes

DavKeyes

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:58 AM

Hi,

I have an ATI 4870 With 2 DVI ports and an S-Video port and 1 GB DDR5 video memory. It was used for a month when I replaced it with a NVIDIA card for the multi processor features.  Fifty S and S&H will get it. Two zero Eight six eight nine three one seven seven. See it at: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102801

#5 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,065 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 PM

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:34 AM

my nvidia 9800gt that i use in my XP machine has two dvi-i out ports and an s-video out also. it is a few years old and there aren't any new models for sale. it is pci slot compatible and requires one 6 pin power connection and is single slot width. i picked it up second hand and it has been working pretty good. these cards were legendary a few years ago in an SLI configuration, so much so quite a few were never upgraded and are still in circulation until the new DX11 forces them out which is why they can be picked up pre-owned for cheap .

Moore's Law : 4d Graph in Progress

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users