Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sleep mode issiues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DragonRider_

DragonRider_

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 AM

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:04 PM

Hello.

I recently upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7 Ultimate. While I was using XP often, when I was not using the PC, I put it in sleep mode. When I do that the fans stop and everything is nice and quiet. Now here's the issiues with Win7:

When I put it to sleep, everything is fine, except the fan on my video card- it keeps working. I don't want that because it's kinda loud. 

The other thing- I can't "wake up" windows. How do I do it? I try the startup button, some keyboard keys. Nothing works. Only restart button works.

Any ideas how to turn off all fans in sleep mode and actualy make it wake up?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KingdomSeeker

KingdomSeeker

• Members
  • 458 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:19 PM

It is possible you may find an answer here. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-create-delete-power-plan-scheme#1TC=windows-7. If not let us know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users