Just what it says on the tin.
I printed a PDF a while back (early December), and it has been intermittently printing ever since. I say intermittently because leaving it unplugged from the network and a power source for several hours will sometimes restore it to normal, for a while, and then the document will begin printing once again.
Here are the processes I've attempted to resolve this:
- The printer has zero documents queued.
- I have attempted to "net stop spooler" and delete everything in the "c:\windows\system32\spool\PRINTERS" folder, but there's nothing IN the folder to delete.
- Deleting the printer and then reinstalling it causes the same behavior, both immediately and eventually. (I've since reinstalled that printer twice.)
- The computer has been rebooted dozens of times since the original issue occurred.
- I have also power cycled the hub that connects my printer to the network.
- Following the instructions in the user manual, I have also attempted to reset the printer to factory settings. As soon as I assigned it an IP (the same one it's always had), the behavior began again.
- XP Pro computer
- Network is Cisco phone to hub, hub to computer, hub to printer.
- Printer is a network printer, with an IP, but there is no print server.
- Printer is HP LaserJet P2035n
. . .
Any ideas or suggestions that I did not cover? I even had our senior IT guy look at it, and he was the one who told me to stop and start the services, deleting the contents of the folder in-between.