Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems with Rome: Total War

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Crusader92

Crusader92

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 AM

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:22 AM

Hi all, I'm new here etc... I've been having a few problems with my laptop.  Firstly, I have the blue screen of death, which randomly happens and probably isn't connected to the Rome: Total War problems (I'll create a separate thread for it)

Anyway, I've been a Total War fan/ addict for a few years.  One day, I accidentally must have downloaded something which my computer put into quarantine, and then I began having problems with Rome: Total War, which has always worked perfectly well previously.  The problems are as follows:

1. The game randomly stops working  

2. If I try to make a savegame Total War  (not the laptop) brings up a message saying "Save failed.  Couldn't create save game on disc"

3. IF I attempt to load a custom battle/ quick battle, the game stops working and my laptop (as opposed to the game) says something to the effect of  "Rome Total War has stopped working.  Windows will tell you if it finds a solution" 

4. Strangely, if I load a historical battle, I don't usually have any problems.  These problems with Total War happened a few months ago, and I tried buying Total War again  (with expansion packs).  I had the same problems with Total War and the expansion packs, showing that obviously something is the matter with my computer.  

Oh and some details, forgot to add them in!

I am using Windows Vista, I have plenty of memory (over half left on my laptop) and my laptop is a Pavilion G6.

Anyway, thanks in advance, I'm glad this forum exists  :clapping:

PS feel free to ask for any other info relating to the problem.

Edited by Crusader92, 16 January 2014 - 08:29 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kosmonaft

kosmonaft

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 AM

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:42 AM

On your blue screen there is a number for the error. Check google for the code error :)

http://furg.net/ - Free online games 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users