Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Java update stopping game working

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SlowAcer

SlowAcer

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 AM

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:17 PM

I have just installed the latest java update (java 7 update 51) and now I can't get a game to work. When I run the game I get a security warning. I check the box to accept the risk. But I then get an application error 'Security Exception' with the following details;

Missing Application-Name manifest attribute for: http://download07.managerzone.com/soccer-3d/powerloader.jarNote to the Publisher: Security features to prevent unauthorized redistribution of your Java application will cause this application to be blocked in the future. See current Java documentation about JAR Manifest entries for the changes that need to be made.

Does anyone have any advice on how to fix this. I am running windows 7 and IE11

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 AM

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:30 PM

I would contact the game creator and let them know.

#3 thisisu

thisisu

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,525 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 AM

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:30 PM

I would contact the game creator and let them know.

^ Noticed the same thing today for an applet used for uploading files to a webserver.

#4 SlowAcer

SlowAcer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 AM

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:39 PM

I found the answer on the games forum. When I changed the security setting to medium in the Java control panel the game works okay.

The following link explains how to do it
http://www.java.com/en/download/help/jcp_security.xml

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users