Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop graphics not working well

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dino77

dino77

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 PM

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:42 PM

Hello

I didn't know where to put this (first post here), but I opted for this forum since I suspect something is wrong with the graphics card on the laptop(?). So, here's the case:

I have a one-year-old Packard Bell laptop that has a cracked screen. I planned to use it as a media player connected to my 32'' LCD via an HDMI cable. However, it's pretty useless since the video is choppy and sometimes slow. 

I have tried just about everything: Re-installed Windows (even tried Linux), installed the latest driver, cleaned up the fan for dust. Same problem persists. The only thing I havent done is to check the motherboard where the graphics output is, since it is very very hard to take off the black thingy under the laptop.

According to Speedfan, GPU runs at about 55c and has a hot icon to it. Can this be a problem?

These are the specs:

AMD E-300 processor 1.3 GHz;

AMD Radeon™ HD 6310M;

4 GB RAM

500GB HDD

Help would be very much appreciated :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 PM

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:37 PM

Hi,

Hot processors do tend to run slower. Have you considered a cooling pad or similar solution to try and keep things cool?

Keep us posted

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users