Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looking for an old VGA monitor with graphics card

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Punchy71

Punchy71

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:37 PM

Greetings,

I am wanting to get a computer monitor that displays natively at 640x480 to use with a server for command line interface for extra large text and a matching graphics card. I know this is an old standard (VGA in this case) and was wondering what my best options are for locating such an old set of hardware like this is? It doesn't even have to be color....  just working.

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,378 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:32 PM

Here's a Dell 17" CRT

Need to know what kind of slot you have for a video card, but basically any card that fits in an available slot should work for you.

#3 Punchy71

Punchy71
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:09 PM

Thanks for your response. I have been thinking and looking at CRT's also. It's been a long time since I've been around any. I have forgotten some of the sizes they come in. Have any idea?

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,378 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:50 AM

Since CRTs are pretty much obsolete the 17" was about all I was seeing when looking.  CRT sizes were normally odd, 15, 17, 19 ,21.  The problem with going to LCD would be the resolution.  640x480 LCDs are normally pretty small.  The 800x480 monitors that New Egg carries are five or seven inch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users