Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win7 Updates on Dell Inspiron laptop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 HandyHank

HandyHank

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:12 PM

I started with a Macintosh 128K in 1984 and switched to PC around 1988 using AutoCad. I guess the first question is: What is 'this topic'? I'm assuming it's about issues with a Dell laptop. My wife's laptop is a Dell about 9 mo old and it is running Win7 Home 64 bit, 8 GB RAM, 2 HD. She never updates anything. Today I started with Win Update. The 2 updates were not installed. That is a first. I spent 3 hr online trying to find solutions. The latest message is "cmd.exe is corrupt". Say what? Where/when did that happen and what do you do about it? That too is a first. After trying to FIX things for 3 hr, the laptop does seem to run faster. :-) 

Since then I've tried to RESTORE her laptop to an earlier restore point. That's not happening. I tried 3 different restore points and there was grief at each one. 

HH

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoctor

SpywareDoctor

• Members
  • 256 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:58 PM

Win7's no-reformat, nondestructive reinstall - by Fred Langa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users