Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tower Wont Start

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 milzee

milzee

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 AM

Posted 09 May 2006 - 04:43 AM

I got this computer tower from a friend of mine that wont start, its a simple 10 gig hdd and has 128mb ram, but when the power button is pressed, the tower powers up but the moniter or the keyboard/mouse dont react at all

Help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 AM

Posted 09 May 2006 - 05:01 AM

Open the case and check the memory modules. Make sure they are not looseand are well seated. Remove and reinstall them if need be to make sure. Do the same with the video card.

Edited by acklan, 09 May 2006 - 05:03 AM.

"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 milzee

milzee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 AM

Posted 10 May 2006 - 02:57 AM

ive done everything, including removing the memory and putting it back in, ive unplugged all the motherboard cables and put them all back in again correctly, i took out the PCI Cards and nothing changed ... it just starts up and nothing happens, the moniter doesnt react, i cant even get into the BIOS help?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users