Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Any place to put things for sale?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,049 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 AM

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:33 AM

I have a few good item to let go of, is there a place to post them?

Phil

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,985 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 AM

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:08 PM

Nope...

I've had good results using Craig's List for purchasing and selling....Just be sure to read all of the warnings.

craigslist: long island classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:07:05 AM

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:29 PM

This is the best explanation concerning why Bleeping Computer currently does not have what you asked about

This subject has come up numerous times over the years. For the sake of continuity I'll quote myself from 2009

This suggestion has been made several times, by members and staff alike. The difficulty I personally see is dealing with conflicts between parties. Even if we make disclaimers that we are not responsible or involved. Disgruntled buyers will associate us with the transaction, regardless. I am not willing to put BC's reputation on the line when we have no control over private transactions.

At this time we have more urgent forum issues to deal with and manage. This is not to say this will never happen. It just isn't a priority in the foreseeable future. As well as there are numerous legal and forum management hurdles to overcome.

#4 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,049 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:31 PM

Ok it all makes sense!  Thanks will try other sources!

Phil

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#5 Chuck E.

Chuck E.

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:25 AM

I never had much luck with Craigs although friends of mine have.  I to sell a few things like an antique  Brunswick mini pool table and smaller items. All I got was scams like "I'll send you a cashier's check and have my mover come and pick it up" or "I'd love to buy your {item} but my sister just crashed my car. She told me about a site where you can make a lot of money {gives the link} but don't tell anyone because they don't have many openings left"..

I used to do well on eBuy but the fees are way out of line and there are too many scammers there as well. I sold a vintage working camera to a lady who paid late, claimed it was broken when she got it (I'm an EXPERT packager so that's not likely), complained and eBuy / PayPull gave her her money back. She sent it back in the smallest box she could get for free at the post office probably to be sure that it would be damaged when I got it back (it was). She griped about me not refunding her return shipping cost but I won that argument because she didn't send back a few freebies that I put in.

Yard sales and flea markets are my best bets for now but everyone thinks they're American Pickers and should be able to buy my stuff for cheap so they can sell it elsewhere for what it's worth.  People sometimes ask what the dealer price is and I tell them $20. more.  I had a lady go to her car to dig through the seats for enough change to get a $1. item. She couldn't find enough to make a dollar and offered me a few marbles with the change she had. I took them. :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users