Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unexplained attachment

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ShawtgunHobo

ShawtgunHobo

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 PM

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:35 PM

Hello,
Recently, my mother sent an email to her friend containg two attachments, both .jpg files. Later, when she checked tge sent mail, she noticed that a THIRD attachment was added on, (that she didn't attach herself, we don't know hpw it got there) and this one was a bunch of letters and numbers with the occasional dash in it. It did say it was a .png, but we are unsure to open this attachment because it could possibly be called a .png.exe, to fool us, right?

We hardly ever use .png as an extension, which makes it ever more confusing. Is this just a glitch, or a virus that is attempting to send contacts malicous files?

Thank you for your time. We are sure this is not a file on our computer, we haven't searched yet but we never call images that, and never download any images to our computer and save them.

Any help is welcome, just make sure its helpful.
Thank you,

David

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ShawtgunHobo

ShawtgunHobo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 PM

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:37 PM

Sorry for the double post, just want to say sorry for my spelling, its late here and I'm using a small iPod keyboard. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users