Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't connect to the internet, local lan works

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hippiesue

hippiesue

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:31 PM

Hello, I'm working on my boss's computer. It's win7 64bit. She was having problems with strange popups, being redirected to different random websites, etc. She upgraded to AVG 2014 and then she couldn't connect to the internet. There is a local lan, and she can connect to the network printer, server, etc. She called me in after all this happened.

I used the AVG Removal tool, to remove avg. I noticed that she had PC Optimizer Pro. I ran the uninstaller from the control panel, ran AdwCleaner, Junkware removal tool, hitman pro, malwarebytes, and still cannot connect to the internet. Please help!

Edited by hamluis, 15 January 2014 - 10:35 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hippiesue

hippiesue
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:35 PM

ok, I guess I didn't run hitman, and it repaired a winsock thingy..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users