Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Shadows/stripes on my desktop

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 leneshu

leneshu

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 AM

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:54 AM

Hi, I had a virus problem and during the erase process ( of the virus), I noticed this shadows/stripes when I open some pages or documents. It may be a problem with my graphics driver or it may not ?!?! I allready  uninstalled adope flash player and installed the newest version. 

In this screenshots there is a red square on the right, those shadows/stripes shoudn't be there, because on my laptop you can't see them:

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1600x1200q90/30/x2d.png

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1600x1200q90/10/y1ue.png

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryoganix

cryoganix

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 AM

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:12 AM

Hm...if they show up in your screenshots on your computer, then I would be willing to bet that it's a hardware issue and not a software issue. If you were having a graphical issue due to the driver, then the corruption would almost surely appear in the screenshot, but I can't see anything out of the ordinary. I'd place my bets on it either being the graphics card or the monitor, with my personal guess with the given information being that the monitor is what's causing the problem.

Of course, I'm not the end-all authority on errors graphic drivers can cause, so it may be possible (albeit rare or uncommon) for the issue to be due to a graphic driver, but my personal bets would be on the hardware side of things.

#3 leneshu

leneshu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 AM

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:47 AM

Sometimes  i get an error mess , your graphics driver has stopped working, usualy when i'm surfing sites like youtube , or watching some video on the internet, and than after a while ( 1 min... ) my pc blocks and I have to restart it.

And I have  this issue for sometime, it may be connected with those stripes/shadows ??? 

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,562 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 AM

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:23 AM

You have an open topic in the MRL forum, http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/518111/unknown-virus/page-2 .

Pleaae pursue that topci to competion before initiating other topics in other forums...the malware issues must be resolved before enlisting/requesting suggestions about "system issues" that may relate, directly or indirectly, to system infection.  You should not make any changes to your system which are not suggested by your Helper in the MRL forum.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic, pending closure/resolution of the topic linked to above.  Once that topic is closed, you can send a PM to me and I will reopen this topic for discussion.

Louis

Reopened, malware topic complete/closed.

Edited by hamluis, 20 January 2014 - 03:25 PM.
Reopened.

#5 etavares

etavares

Bleepin' Remover

• Malware Response Team
  • 15,514 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 AM

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:57 PM

Hi Louis,

Just a note...I asked leneshu to post here.  The computer is clean of malware at this point, but some issues remain with the graphics display.  Looking at what we did, nothing seemed to be the root cause of this.  I was waiting to close that thread until I knew one was opened here.  So, leneshu was following my instructions.  Thanks for closing the other thread and reopening this one!

-etavares

If I don't respond within 2 days, please feel free to PM me.
Please don't ask for help via PM. The forums are there for a reason. Please post in the forums so others may benefit as well.

Posted Image
Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,562 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 AM

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:02 PM

:thumbup2:

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users