Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Says running on batt. when it is plugged in.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bwrighttwo

bwrighttwo

• Members
  • 717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:57 PM

I am trying to restore a HP laptop to original manf. settings and am getting an error saying that I am not plugged in and cannot proceed using battery power. I also get the same error when i try to re-flash the bios. I have checked everything I know to check and nothing says it is not plugged in except the warning. System check says there are no problem devices. I also made sure drivers were up to date. When this warning pops up the computer will not close out of any windows. i actually have to force shut it down using power button. Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:07 PM

What if you try to completely removing the battery and proceed with the factory restore? Is the computer still bootable to Windows? Are you sure that the battery doesn't need replacement or it is still charging properly other than the error being mentioned on particular events?

Tekken

#3 bwrighttwo

bwrighttwo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 717 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:34 PM

I actually tried the bios update first and it worked with batt out. As far as it charging normally i am not sure. I have not used it before now. i am just cleaning it out for someone before they sell it. Thanks for the info. I suppose I should run it on batt power to see what it does recharging? Or what do you suggest?

#4 bwrighttwo

bwrighttwo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 717 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:52 PM

Worked as well with recovering back to Manf. settings. Thanks again.

#5 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:25 PM

:thumbup2:

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users