The topic's title indicate a problem with Services running at 20%. I wouldn't get excited about that percentage, it isn't that high.
What kind of problems to you believe this is causing?
If you believe this is due to a specific Service you can run a Clean Boot to determine what service is causing this.
Clean boot for Windows XP
1) Click on Start> click on Run> type msconfig then click OK.
The System Configuration Utility dialog box will be displayed.
2) In the System Configuration Utility dialog box click on the General tab, then click Selective Startup.
3) Click on the Process SYSTEM.INI File check box to remove the check mark.
4) Click on the Process WIN.INI File check box to remove the check mark.
5) Click on the Load Startup Items check box to remove the check mark. Verify that Load System Services and Use Original BOOT.INI are checked.
6) Click on the Services tab.
7) Click on the Hide All Microsoft Services check box.
8) Click on Disable All, then click OK.
When you are prompted restart the computer.
If the problem does not occur after you restart the computer, follow these steps:
1) Repeat Step 1 and Step 2 except that, in step 2, click to select half of the cleared check boxes.
2) If the problem still does not occur after another restart, click to select half of the cleared check boxes again. Repeat this process until you have selected all the check boxes and the problem still does not occur.
3) If the problem occurs after a restart, click to clear half of the check boxes that you last selected. Repeat this process until you can isolate the one service that is running when this problem occurs.
When you identify the service which is causing this problem post name of the service in your next post.
Once this process has been completed you need to return the computer to the normal startup mode.
1) Click StartStart button in the Start Search box.
2) Type msconfig, and then press ENTER.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or provide confirmation.
3) On the General tab, click Normal Startup - load all device drivers and services, and then click OK.
4) When you are prompted, click Restart.