Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP small form factor expansions?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 expplucky

expplucky

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 AM

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:31 PM

Names Austin my computer knowledge is very minimal, but like others on thise site im hungry to learn!

ok so i just fixed this computer got it for free upgraded the ram to 4g and put an old ati x1000 as a gpu i know very little about computers my question is what video card can i get that will allow me too play video games (im coming from an alienware mx17 and id like that same quality in the hp)

do i need to upgrade the power supply aswell? and if so how do i know what will fit?

i wanna upgrade this the best i can before i start on a pc build from scratch.

also a problem im having is that it wont read two sd cards that i have, the card reader works for others but not the new ones i got it wont even recognize it at all?

Edited by hamluis, 13 January 2014 - 07:33 PM.
Fixed typo - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 AM

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:54 PM

Can you find a model number on the motherboard and post that here? Whatever information you have on the computer would be helpful. It is tough to say what would be the best without that information. When upgrading the video card you will likely have to upgrade the power supply as well. What is the power supplies output in terms of watts?

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#3 expplucky

expplucky
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 AM

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:09 PM

i honestly wouldnt know where to look on the motherboard thats whats kept me from repairing my alienware. where can i find the model number or what would the model number consist of?

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,734 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 AM

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:38 PM

Please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

We would be able to see components installed.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users