Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

blue screen~crash dump HELP!!!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 msbetty087

msbetty087

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:34 PM

working fine, but then out of nowhere, I get this blue screen and there is so much writing I can't read it all before my computer goes black. Have I done something to cause this and if so please help me fix it. Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,587 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 AM

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:58 PM

Download BlueScreenView:

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.

when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All

Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt

Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply

However, if it only happened once I wouldn't worry about it.

#3 ranjan82

ranjan82

• Banned Spammer
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:47 AM

Blue screen errors are most common errors and are called blue screen of death or "stop error" eith a code that typically tells the memory location of the device driver having a problem or compatibility issue. 
To overcome this error. 
write down these steps in your notebook and then do what i say. 
1. restart your computer and press F8 to enter into safe mode. 
2.now click "my computer" and go to its properties, and select "advance" tab and then under "start up and recovery", select "setting". you will see "under system failure" uncheck "automatically re start". 
3. now your computer will not automatically boot up under that error. 

Now do the following: 
1. select "computer/my computer" and go to its properties. 
2. select "hardware" tab and then select "device manager". 
here u can see all device driver, if you see any yellow mark against any device driver on expanding all devices then right click on it and select " un install". 

after it, reboot your computer. 

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,587 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:58 AM

Please don't follow the above advice regarding "uninstalling" anything from device mangager. Please just post the logs as I requested.

#5 msbetty087

msbetty087
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:28 PM

Allen~ tried to do as you suggested days ago, I don't know what I did but my screen turned black and I couldn't get my computer back up. I have been trying different things to get it back., Again, I don't know what I did but here I am again

#6 msbetty087

msbetty087
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:30 PM

Ranjan82~Thank you for your advise but I'm already working with Allen re: this subject. I appreciate your response though.

#7 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,587 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:27 AM

Allen~ tried to do as you suggested days ago, I don't know what I did but my screen turned black and I couldn't get my computer back up. I have been trying different things to get it back., Again, I don't know what I did but here I am again

You need to explain in detail what is going on. What do you mean your screen turned black - was it while you were in Windows, does the system boot at all - does it power on, etc? EXACTLY what happens when you turn on the computer?

#8 msbetty087

msbetty087
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:29 AM

My computer is now starting up as normal but suddenly I get the blue screen and then it turns black. It has reboot sometimes but lately when it turns black I have power it down and let it sit for a bit before I can get anything. I don't start in safe mode cause frankly I don't know what I'm doing and I don't want to do more damage or create more of a problem so I start windows normally and the cycle starts over again.

No, I did not follow the advise of ranjan82 so nothing has been uninstalled nor have I been into device mgr. I attempted to follow your instructions by downloading the blue screen viewer but I don't know how to "unzip" a file so that's all I did.

#9 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,587 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:33 AM

1) What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

2) Please DO start in safe mode and let us know if it boots to a normal screen or if the screen turns black in safe mode too. If you can work in safe mode, please go ahead and get that blue screen report in your next post.

From what little I know so far I'm guessing it's a hardware issue, but let's see what happens in safe mode.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users