ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4.2 and Mbam generally play OK together (several members use them)
DivX Setup (Version: 220.127.116.11) <= This is the program (as listed)
Direct WAV MP3 Splitter version 18.104.22.168 (Version: 22.214.171.124) <= This is where it is from I think.
Open AL basic description from sevenforums.
NOW - See the Bottom Comment First -
If C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\NCH Software is a major concern to you, go to Accessories > Windows Explorer > C: Drive > Programs and Right click > Delete it.
However I do not think it is a "severe" infection, rather than an item that will always show up.
This often happens with programs that are picked up, but do not actually need removal.
You can try this similar program -
Please download Junkware Removal Tool by thisisu and save it to your Desktop.
* Close all open programs and shut down any protection/security software now to avoid potential conflicts.
* Double-click on JRT.exe to run the tool.
* Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
* The tool will open and start scanning your system.
* Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
* On completion, a log file named JRT.txt will automatically open and be saved to your Desktop.
* Copy and paste the contents of JRT.txt in your next reply.
These tools will search for and remove many potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), adware, toolbars, browser hijackers, extensions, add-ons, browser helper objects (BHOs) and other junkware to include many related registry entires (values, keys)
Java 7 Update 25 - Java version out of Date!
Java Auto Updater <= Go Control Panel > Java icon and open it. Click Update, then remove all old versions from Programs and Features.
A safer way to check this program is this way with Autoruns.
Download Autoruns to your desktop
Double click on Autoruns exe.
Allow the program to fully populate (this will take a few minutes)
Go > File > Save > Save as Autoruns.txt > File Type > All Files
Save to Desktop
Copy and Paste the Autoruns.txt back here
Edited by noknojon, 14 January 2014 - 06:52 AM.