I've got quite a weird situation going on here.
Here are the issues.
1. I cannot ping ANY IP address other than the computer's own IP address and "localhost".
2. I can still browse my SMB (Windows network) shares on my server (however, like #1 states, I cannot ping it).
3. Running "net view 192.168.1.2" shows everything's there on my network server.
4. I've tried running "netsh int ip reset reset.txt, netsh winsock reset and netsh firewall reset" in the command prompt, after rebooting, still nothing.
5. This computer is set for a static IP address, however, when set to DHCP it is able to retrieve an IP address.
6. I've tried running the program, Tweaking.com and running EVERY (regardless if it dealt with networking or not) fix there was listed, still nothing.
7. I've tried running the winsockxpfix program (http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/winsock_xp_fix.html) with no luck.
8. Nothing seems wrong with the network cards because I've swapped them and still the same issue. It works fine running a live CD of Linux.
9. I've ran multiple anti-malware programs with no luck.
10. I have two "Network Connections" listed in Control Panel.
11. Viewing the connections in the control panel, it is listed as "Connected, Firewalled"
12. I've tried disabling the firewall will still no luck.
I am running Windows XP Pro SP3 with the latest updates (until this happened). I have no idea what else I can do. Any suggestions?
Edited by hamluis, 13 January 2014 - 02:19 PM.
Moved from XP to Networking - Hamluis.