Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

msdtc.exe is supposed to run at startup

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jhonni107

jhonni107

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 PM

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:35 AM

Hi, in the help and support window starting on jan 10th there are a lot of reports like this:

MS DTC log file not found. After ensuring that all Resource Managers coordinated by MS DTC have no indoubt transactions, please run msdtc -resetlog to create the log file. Friday, January 10, 2014 MSDTC MS DTC Transaction Manager start failed. LogInit returned error 0x2. Friday, January 10, 2014 MSDTC Could not start the MS DTC Transaction Manager. Saturday, January 11, 2014 MSDTC MS DTC log file not found. After ensuring that all Resource Managers coordinated by MS DTC have no indoubt transactions, please run msdtc -resetlog to create the log file. Saturday, January 11, 2014 MSDTC MS DTC Transaction Manager start failed. LogInit returned error 0x2. Saturday, January 11, 2014 MSDTC Could not start the MS DTC Transaction Manager.

I don't know anything about this file or how to restart it and I was hoping not to go to system restore and go that far back, even if my computer would allow this. So, anyone know what caused this to stop and how do I get it back in the running. Also I don't know if this is related but I notice that my smart card had stopped. Anyone know where this is located and how to restart it?

Sorry for all the questions. I bought win 8 and maybe it is just time to install that system, my win xp professional is showing signs of being over worked and tired, poor thing.

thanks everyone

Mod Edit:  Removed email address, protection from spambots - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 13 January 2014 - 09:19 AM.
Moved from XP to Win NT - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 PM

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:18 AM

That error seems to relate to Server versions of Windows, not XP.  Moving topic to seemingly appropriate forum.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users