Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how to make windows 7 usb bootable using windows xp

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 azhieree

azhieree

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:11 AM

hello... i need to make a bootable usb drive to make a recovery disk for my unable to boot windows 7 ultimate 32 bit laptop..

Because i dont have relatives/ near friends that has a working computer, I am not able to burn the iso that i have just downloaded.

I been going around the city to look for a shop that offers burning an os iso, and my effort is nonsense since no one from them offers to burn it.

I have searched the other way and i think creating a bootable usb will let me fix my computer..Currently i am in an internet cafe that is the only shop where i figured out that users are able to run cmd,(though not using it as an administrator because of some restriction). I am using windows xp professional. I just dont know if it is already sp1,2, or 3 because properties are locked...

I know i dont own this computer but i can follow exact instruction to prevent system errors..

Taking the oppurtunity, can anyone help me through step by step guide how i can make a bootable win 7 (ultimate 32)usb drive using windows xp..

Edited by azhieree, 13 January 2014 - 04:12 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 AM

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:26 AM

I note you have had ongoing problems with this PC.

Is this the same pc...?....http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520308/win-7-dont-boot-f8-dont-workgot-error-disk-read-error-press-ctraltdel/   

I had not read your previous post......my apologies if i mislead you in my pm

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 azhieree

azhieree
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:26 AM

update.... its ok now.. , ill have it done already through wintoflash. Thanks God, i was able to install it on their pc,..

#4 azhieree

azhieree
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:31 AM

Yes sir. You are right. It is still a problem to me.

If you have any suggestions on how i could fix it, please let me know..

For now, im hoping i could run the windows repair later on when i get home. If it will not, im hoping my mother wont kick me out when she figure it out..... HMMMMM(what a hard joke for myself).

Edited by azhieree, 13 January 2014 - 05:35 AM.

#5 azhieree

azhieree
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:18 AM

an update... running the windows repair from it does not fix the problem.

it only helps to bring back f8 functionality.
what i have tried so far:
run start up repair, memory diagnostic, cmd with chckdisk,fixMbr, sfc /scannow offboot..., copy registry from system32config\regback to system32\config.

restore points are already gone. so i cant make use of system restore.

If i choose to upgrade my windows, will it remove my files? I have already downloaded an iso with sp1.

Also, there are lots of logs i have noticed on my windows drive and mostly some of them are modified right before my pc is escaping the boot process... I want to upload them but i dont see any upload button with this mobile site version.

Edited by azhieree, 14 January 2014 - 12:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users